Design Your Way Out Of Debt Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50
UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, WHO HAVE OR CREATE A SALT® ACCOUNT, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO
AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Design Your Way Out Of Debt Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who have or create a free Salt Account. Employees, directors, interns, independent contractors, consultants, and campus ambassadors of Massachusetts Higher Education Assistance Corporation dba American Student Assistance (“Sponsor”) and its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, director, intern, independent contractors, consultant, and campus ambassador are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Massachusetts Higher Education Assistance Corporation dba American Student Assistance, 100 Cambridge Street, Suite 1600, Boston, MA 02114.
3. Timing: The Contest begins on January 17, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends when the Contest space on the Salt Community is closed by Sponsor on or about February 7, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time‐keeping device for the Contest.
5. Selection Criteria: Sponsor will select the potential Contest winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around March 30, 2017. Winners will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion based on the following selection criteria: (1) Submission must clearly indicate the proposed debt repayment strategy and the intended benefits of pursuing the strategy; (2) Submission must not advocate illegal, questionable, or immoral behavior; (3) the creativity and uniqueness of the Submission; (4) the practicality (broad applicability) of the advice described within the Submission. Submissions must be original creations and solely the work of entrant. Sponsor will select one (1) first place winner, one (1) second place winner, and one (1) third place winners. The potential winners will be notified by email. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Affidavit") in the form provided by the Sponsor which must be received by Sponsor, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit without modifications or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select another potential Contest winner from all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate selections will be held, after which the prize will remain un‐awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8‐10 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) PRIZE: $500 Visa Gift Card (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $500) for the first place winner; ONE (1) PRIZE: $250 Visa Gift Card (ARV: $250) for the second place winner; and ONE (1) PRIZE: $100 Visa Gift Card (ARV: $100) for the third place winner. Prizes are non‐transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes are intended to be used for loan repayment and/or other education‐related expenses, and by accepting a prize, the winner agrees to use the prize solely for that purpose. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
7. Indemnity: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and prize suppliers, and its parent company and the
Sponsor’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted against any of the Released Parties due to or arising out of the use of any element of entrant's Submission, entrant’s participation in this Contest, the receipt or use or misuse of any prize, any breach by the entrant of any provision of these Official Rules or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for personal injury, loss of property, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes entrant's rights with regard to any elements or ideas contained in any element of the Submission.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s (including the winners) consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the entrant’s name, Submission, story, likeness, photograph, video, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state in connection with the Contest and for advertising and other promotional purposes in any media, online and off, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by selecting winner(s) based on the Contest selection criteria set forth herein.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved
individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts Court located in Suffolk
County, Massachusetts; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out‐of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out‐of‐pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, interested individuals should mail a self‐addressed, stamped business size envelope to: Marketing Department, American Student Assistance, 100 Cambridge Street, Suite 1600, Boston, MA 02114. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Winners List requests must be received no later than April 30, 2017.
American Student Assistance, ASA, Salt, ”Education Unlocked. Dreams Unlimited”, and corresponding logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of American Student Assistance.
© 2017. American Student Assistance. All rights reserved.