Two Cents makes Good Sense!

Document created by connier_1 on Jun 1, 2016
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Looking for good money advice? I have a credit score of almost 800, and this is what I have done over the years.

• Schedule your monthly bills to be paid at the same time every month with your Higher One Account.  Your bills will never be late, which raises  your credit score.
  • When you purchase a house, pay a little extra each month on the mortgage.  You will pay it off sooner, and save a lot of interest money in the long run.
  • Fix something, rather than buying a new replacement.  You be proud of yourself and save money!
  • Rent your books, rather than buying new or used. If you must have an access code, then this plan may not work.
  • Pay more than your minimum due on any credit cards.  You will pay them off much sooner, and spend less on high rates of interest.
  • Pack a lunch, rather than purchasing one.  This goes for beverages, too!
  • Car pool if you can.
  • Lastly, start saving for retirement right away!  I can't stress how important this is.  I started an extra Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) account with just $20.00 per bi-weekly paycheck 20 years ago.  When I did not have to pay childcare anymore, I raised it to $150.00 (I was used to giving my childcare provider this much anyway).  I now have $60,000 in my account, which is money I would not have had if I did not contribute to a TSA.

Attachments

Outcomes