Smack Dab in the Middle of Simplicity

Document created by claimont on May 29, 2016Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I often wonder how I got as far as I did borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. I would apply for credit anytime a company said, "pre-approved." The thing that was the biggest awakening is that one day they would actually want their money back. Really, they actually gave me money and expected with all the bills I had, I had to pay it back. Then I took this finance course offered at Guilford Technical Community College on Finance. My eyes were immediately opened. I had to get out of bad debt fast. I took their suggestion and put all my bills into categories and paid the ones i could and made payments on the others.

Wow, there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. When at one time I couldn't get a loan to buy vending machine chips, companies were lining up to give me loans for vehicles. I started with one to establish credit and moved to another. The reality came one day when I was approved for a home loan. Something never thought worldly possible. I'm actually living my dreams. I can go to school, work and just pay my bills on time and life will be amazing.

Smack dab in the middle of simplicity. This is how I see my life today with knowing that properly handling good credit, paying bills on time, rewards seem to show up in astronomical forms never before thought possible. I'm raising a family, going to school and working full-time. These times might seem tough at first thought, but sitting on my patio watching my little girl run around the yard it takes me back to when I was living from paycheck to paycheck.

The golden rule is to pay the government, pay yourself and live on the other eighty percent. Those simple things have made my life completely awesome.  Things might be tight until I get out of school but life is bearable after taking a finance class that should be mandatory for every student in college.

IMG_3338.JPG

Attachments

Outcomes