Recycle, Reuse, Reduce your Budget

Document created by lana1234 on May 27, 2016
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

We all know about the three R's of recycling. My biggest money saver is used clothing. You can find them at yard sales and thrift stores and some times flea markets. Thrift stores are my favorite.  First find a store you are comfortable in if one is to packed with clothing it makes it hard to find something you may like. Also some chain thrift stores are priced to high. If you can buy a new T-shirt for eight dollars at Walmart don't pay six at a thrift store. Check for stains, make sure zippers work. Need that fancy party dress or that sports coat check out your local thrift store. Thrift stores also usually have a great selection of books for less than a dollar. Need new dishes are need a kitchen gadget the thrift store just may have what you need. I just recently purchased a mandolin (slicer) brand new in the box for half what amazon was selling it for. Don't be afraid to find something common and reuse it for something new. The internet has a lot of how to videos on taking an old t-shirt and making it a dress or halter top. We took a trampoline and made into a green house. Always look around and find what you already have and see if you can use it for what you want.

Attachments

Outcomes