Never too late nor too small

Document created by torreyh on May 19, 2016
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

One of the best things I learned, several years ago, was that it's never too late nor too small- to save.

I was one to always say I didn't have enough to save, or by the time I'm able to do something with what I save I'll be  90. Lol. Boy was I wrong.

My advice is this:  If you don't already, create savings accounts- yes plural, and give them names. Things like 'rainy day',' new house', 'new car', etc...  then find ways you can drop $1, $2, $5, $10 dollars in them once a week.

If you're online (as most are) and have you accounts connected some way, it's easy.  For me, I have a PayPal.  When I have money in the account I always transfer some of it to a savings or several savings. Example: I have 7 different savings with two different entities (down from four) and I write, do data entry, odd things online that pay me through PayPal.  No matter what's needed, I always 'take care' of at least one of those savings.  So lets say I get a $20 payment to my PayPal.  Well, $1 goes to each savings and the remainder I do what I need to do. Now if it's just 'keep money' (the bills are all paid and nothing is pressing) then I put more in each savings.

I've done this for the past 10 years now and I am quite surprised and happy with what my savings accounts balances look like.  I thought I would never be able to have a savings, especially after I began freelancing online- but this strategy has proven to pay off for me greatly.  Try it.

Attachments

Outcomes