Where Has All My Money Gone

Document created by haley_1 on May 16, 2016
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I've worked at a bank for going on 8 years now, so you would think I would know better than most how to manage my money.  Well, that is false.  Every single day I deal with customers that don't know how to balance a checkbook, or that "don't know where all their money has gone."  I was raised having a savings account and never buying anything I did not have the money for, so I thought it was going to be easy to avoid being like those pesky customers.  When I turned 18, that's when everything changed.  Within one summer I managed to max out 3 credit cards and owed my parents over $3000 and always spent all of my paychecks down to the penny. Before I knew it, I found myself asking the same exact questions, "where has all my money gone?"  Shortly after, I picked up a part-time waitressing job on top of my full time, 40 hour a week job and school.  I was scheduled 5 shifts per week, which trust me is way too much.  I did it though, and I worked harder than I ever have in my life to make tips galore.  For an entire year I worked in these terrible conditions, never getting enough sleep and always hating going into work and having to put on a fake front for customers.  Yes, it was awful, but in the end, I paid off every single debt I had against me and still managed to save enough money to go to Florida for a week.  I am now basically debt free and will never be in that position again. The reminder of how hard it was to get where I am today was my "a-ha" moment and I can proudly say I am excellent at saving money and I feel like I will be forever.

Attachments

Outcomes