Purchased My First Rental Property

Document created by nicolet_1 on Nov 20, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I dropped out of high school at a very young age. I started working at my first job when I was only 14 years old. At that age I had no idea what life had in store for me. I thought I was making great money working as a waitress, and I decided to quit school for the instant gratification of a paycheck. It wasn't a problem until many years later when the financial burdens of being an adult hit me. For years I lived check to check taking care of two children by myself and barely making the rent. I became so exhausted of the daily struggles that I finally went back to school to obtain my GED. At that time I started the process to further my education. With the help of financial aid and grants I was able to work less, while supporting my children, and while working on my degree. My first semester I was an honor roll student with a GPA of 3.98. That motivated me to push forward and set some serious life goals. Within one year I learned more than my mother, or anyone, ever taught me about credit and finances. I was able to increase my credit score by almost 200 points!  While taking classes I would talk with other like minded adults and I would get advice from every person that would listen. Through the conversations I decided the best financial decision would be to purchase rental properties. I bought my first home 2 months ago! I currently have a good tenant who pays the rent on time, and that success has motivated me to purchase my second house by spring 2016. Hopefully life will continue to look up, and I will continue to make decisions that will better my family.

Attachments

Outcomes