A Financial and Educational Revelation

Document created by jack on Nov 17, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

My life turned around 180 degrees the instant I made the decision to get out of debt and continue my education. I knew with confidence that the trajectory of my life would drastically change for the better. Traveling to the Middle East for the first time gave my life perspective. The revelation dawned on me that I was not eligible in a competitive job market only having an AA degree.

The idea of continuing my education seemed like an impossible and expensive feat not having any savings. However, while sustaining a full-time job as the grants associate at a community foundation, I took on a second job and became more mindful of my spending by creating monthly budgets. I also worked with a counselor at my local community college and enrolled as a full-time student with the objective to work towards a degree in Communication Studies.

Today, I am pursuing my bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies at San Francisco State University. I was able to pay off my debts and put money aside for savings. I had thrived at city college enough to have been recognized on the President’s Honor Roll for excellent grades and academic achievement. Above all, I am grateful for my friends and family who have supported me throughout this time in my life.

Attachments

Outcomes