My return to school

Document created by reggleston3 on Nov 16, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Hello my name is Robin Eggleston, I am a 44 year old African American single mom who has returned back to college to obtain an Associate’s Degree in Hospitality Management.  My return to college was based on the following reasons:

• In the 9 years as a Collection/Customer Service Manager I realized I had gone as far as I could go in that field. I realized that my lack of progression was due to my lack of education.
  • I have a six year old daughter who looks up to me, I am her role model.  She loves school because of my return to school and I want her to continue on that path.

My ultimate goal is to become an event planner/caterer.  My staff would consist of previous felons. I want to provide a second chance to these individuals. To become an advocate for those society have given up on, allowing them to feel independent once again.  I am currently unemployed. I receive assistance from family, friends and the government.  This scholarship would mean so much to me. It would be a joy of not have to take out a loan while attending Washburne Culinary & Hospitality Management Inst. I've grown to love the fact there are so many facets of the Hospitality industry. There are so many opportunities. Nothing is impossible.  I love volunteering and networking, I've discovered I love interacting with people of all walks of life.  So I've fallen in love with this field and extremely excited at what is to come.

Attachments

Outcomes