Never Giving up

Document created by georginaa on Nov 15, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

10850158_694774387296750_9095769405504318704_n.jpgMy husband and I married at a very young age. I was just 16 when I became wed. I have been with my husband for over 13 year's now and am still fully in love with him as I was on our wedding day. I dropped out of high school when I was barely a freshman, to become a mother of our first daughter. Over the years we conceived 3 more children. A total of 4 kids, whom we love dearly. After 11 years I decided to regain my education. I went for my G.E.D and obtained it on my first try. Soon after I enrolled at Butler Community College and became a student. I plan to get an associate degree in science and apply for the radiology program at Newman University. I have worked very hard to manage my home, job and collage. My husband has always been there for me since the beginning,  but unfortunately this past August, 2015 my husband had to leave the country to return to our home country, Mexico to receive his visa. My husband had to leave our children and I behind, while he waits to get his visa approved. We do not know how long he will be absent from the home. I have had to become a mother and father for our four children, as well as attend class and have a job. I am doing all I can to maintain my home without having to drop callege.  I have achieved so much in such short amount of time that I do not want to lose what I have gaind with hard work. I am a member of Phi Thata Kappa and I am very proud of myself for achieving that goal. Now, I can use any type of support to help me and my family financially. I plan to never give up and work hard for what I want. I want to be the best example for my own children. Giving up is not in my plans, and I will continue to work hard for what I want. Thank you.

Attachments

Outcomes