Who am I?

Document created by kimberlyd_2020 on Nov 12, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I choose to attend college because I wanted more for my future I come from an adversity society that lacks educational resources that help students land internships or even a future career. I wanted more I saw more in myself, and so did my teachers at my old college in my community they told me I did not belong at the college I was enrolled. They explained to me that I am a critical thinker and I have emotional intelligence I can grow with my gifts at another college.

What I like most about SCC is that there are many opportunities to invest in ones future career goals also, the Teachers have a positive energy and they teach with emotional intelligence.

After SCC I hope to take my knowledge and skills to another college and continue to learn and grow.

I plan on transferring to South east Mo University located in Cape Girardeau , MO Spring semester 2016In my free time I enjoy being a Phi Theta Kappa member reading books. I like to play tennis, exercise, volunteer for an organization as Vice President of Young Americans for Liberty, and also volunteer for Woman’s Immigration and Refugee program, and also I enjoy volunteering as a Camera/visual operator and Graphic designer at First Christian.

Information about my volunteering experience: I Teach English, Citizenship, and naturalization to immigrant students from all over the world. Responsible for taking student on field trips to explore the many opportunities in their community. What I like most about volunteering is the opportunity to understand another culture and their diverse background, for example their foods, language, and mentality and learn from them. This for me reduces stress that life comes with. I also enjoy volunteering the most because it gives you intrinsic value that will help unite you with other cultures and work towards a common goal.

I would suggest to others that want to attend College that this college is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for a new economy in the near future students opportunity to explore, create, and make new likeminded friends and grow. Creates a reality for everyone of all cultures. Overall I believe I can help many people become successful and creative for the business/ globalization world and much more!

Attachments

Outcomes