Such a big miracle in such a little girl

Document created by sydneyh on Nov 13, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

November 6, 2011 my whole world changed when I brought the most perfect little brown eyed beauty into this world. I was just into my second semester of sophomore year of college when I found out I was pregnant. While I was pregnant I was working full time at the local Applebee’s while taking 17 hours at school just trying to save enough money for when she finally made her big appearance. When she finally did come and I got to go back to work it just wasn't enough. I ended up finding two more jobs while still taking on full time at school and trying to be the best mom I could be. There were plenty of times I just laid in bed with my baby girl fast asleep and I would cry because all I wanted was for her to have everything I had when I was little. I am not the type of person to take any kind of handout but about the time A turned 10 months old I was struggling to get by even with three jobs. I decided to move home with my family and start saving money! I ended up transferring colleges in the process and taking a smaller class load in order to just work and be at home with my little girl. By asking for help from my family I was able to get back on my feet and now I can finally give A everything a perfect little girl needs. Without my families support and help I probably would have taken time off of school to just try and make money but I am proud to say that on December 19, 2015 I will be graduating college even if it did take a while and I already have accepted a job with an amazing company!! Through this struggle I learned it is okay to ask for help because if I wouldn’t have, A and I would still be struggling to make ends meet. I am so thankful for A and my family! Life is hard sometimes, but its how you overcome it that makes you stronger!!

Thanks

Sydney

Attachments

Outcomes