Options

Document created by esuh on Nov 12, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Credit cards are everywhere and students are routinely targeted or approached (depends on how you look at it) to signup for student credit cards. I was one of those students who opened up a couple of credit cards during my undergraduate years. Unfortunately, like most people, my spending habits got out of hand and my credit card debt rocketed to thousands of dollars in a few years (hey, I'm human). That was and continues to be the problem (credit card debt is known as "revolving debt", meaning it will continue to accrue debt unless you pay the balance owed off and stop using your cards). Thankfully, there are options. The literal options, meaning choices, as well as financial options, meaning the stock market. Now, you're probably thinking the next several sentences are going to be soporific, mundane financial drivel, but not quite. Options are the solution (at least in my opinion). How so, you may ask? Well, options enable options holders/owners the ability to make a large amount of money in a relatively short amount of time. To put it simply, if you hold/own options, it's like you're virtually working without really working. Now here's a disclaimer: I'm not a financial analyst or Certified Financial Planner. I'm just an average guy who's trying to make financial information entertaining and informative so as to help other people. Therefore, I disavow any financial troubles people may experience after reading this long paragraph. In other words, don't blame me for anything that may go wrong. You have the option (pun intended) to read this or not, to apply what you read or not, to research or not, etc. Now, going back to my short story. Options are bought and sold in the stock market. Luckily, I educated myself about financial options and invested in several options that don't expire until 2017 and 2018, but are still increasing in financial value enough for me to pay off a credit card debt of $5,000+. The beautiful thing about financial options is the potential to make a large amount of money with a small amount of cash. But remember, like any investment, there is the potential that your investment (in this case, options) will lose value. This is not a "get rich quick" scheme or people trying to sell you stuff (believe me, being a salesman is tough). This is just my short story of a problem (credit card debt) and a solution (financial options in the stock market). Thank you for reading and hope you prosper as well!

Attachments

Outcomes