Stop eating out and drinking coffee daily

Document created by loivo on Nov 11, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

As a college student who live on my own and take care my living expenses, I've learnt many different ways to save my money.  Spending money is easy, but spending money on the right thing is hard.  As we know eating out is not cheap and healthy.  Not too long ago, I used to eat out and drank coffee twice a day that cost me around 20 to 30 dollars a day. Although I have a part time job on the weekend which is just enough to cover my monthly rent.  Sometimes I got home from school or work with an empty stomach because all restaurants around my house were closed at that time.  I was thinking in my head that this was not good, I had to figure out a better way to fix this situation.  I decided to cut off an hour sleep and spent that hour on grocery and cook instead.  Since I started to go to a grocery for shopping, I found out that meat and daily products are not really expensive.  Even with $10 dollars, I can make myself two healthy meals a day.  Now, every time I cook, I try to make more food, so that I can eat later and save myself some times for study as well.  I'm also pretty much giving up on coffee.  I don't drink it as much as I used to.  Beside schools, I try to work and save money to pay the bills and other stuff.  In the summer, I usually work two jobs and save that money for fall and spring semesters.  I am kinda a busy person, if I am done with my homework, I usually pick up some shifts from work so that I could earn more money that cause me have no time to call my mom.  I have been saving $2 dollars a day since last week.  I hope I will have enough money to buy an airplane ticket to visit my mom.  I want to surprise her because I haven't seen my mom for four years.

Attachments

Outcomes