Prioritize & Visualize

Document created by naomi_tillie on Nov 11, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I think the best way to save money is only spend it when you need to.  One big thing that I have saved up for was a cruise vacation to the Bahamas. One of the best strategies I have for doing this was to schedule my work between my classes, work everyday of the week and only spend money on bill, gas, and food. All extra expenses; such as shopping for clothes, makeup, and electronic gadgets aren’t necessary as often as you think.

Sometimes I avoid the mall and store I like just so I don’t go inside and spend money. I plan my shopping trip when I do decide its time and prioritize what I really need, I research prices for larger purchases to make sure I cant get it cheaper elsewhere. Use your resources as well. In some states for students all you need is a work study job and you are able to get food stamps to help pay for groceries while your in school. That really helps as well.

There are so many ways to make money even when you aren’t working, for example you can register your car to be a Lyft or Uber driver and make money when you have some spare time. Or download an app such as “let go” or “Poshmark” to sell your clothes and other items around your house that you don’t use anymore. These are good ways to make a little side money when you’re running low or just want a little extra cash.

Hope these tips help and inspire you! Oh yeah the last one is to envision what you want remain focused on that vision, stay positive, write down your goals whether it be financial or not and work towards that goal everyday. It sounds like a lot but it’s not and easier then what it seems. Good luck!

Attachments

Outcomes