Life Changes & Things Happen

Document created by yeseniao on Nov 11, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You know that feeling when you feel as if you have a hold of you're life. When you think you have everything planned out. That was me in the beginning of October. I had petitioned back in August. I was beyond excited to receive my letter that would explain when i would start the nursing program. I couldn't wait for that day to receive my letter and I figured it would be towards the end of October or beginning of November. I had lots of time to get myself prepared for this letter. I had everything planned out to what I was going to do until my core classes.

October 17th I went to Las Vegas and had a good time. I felt financial stable and decided I could afford this trip. Never did I think how expensive Las Vegas could be. Even after the trip I felt certain with my financial situation. I got back home four days later and two days later I had my cousins wedding to attend. I had bought my dress, which let me tell you it was a one time thing purchase because it was $150 and it had a 20%. Thank goodness for that 20% off, because even though it's not a whole lot I have never been so grateful. Moving on, the wedding was great, I felt like I didn't spend too much. That same day of the wedding I saw I had an envelope waiting for me to get open. I opened it while I was getting ready and getting things ready for the wedding. I read it, but i didn't pay attention to the actual meaning of the letter. Monday came by and I figured I would call my advisor and set a date to sit and talk to her about the letter. Come to find out that I did not get accepted to the program for the Spring semester. I was chosen as an alternate, as in if someone dropped I could be chosen.I was honestly devastated. I had worked so hard, I had a great GPA, I mean i was proud of how good I was doing. At that point I felt like that wasn't not enough, obviously. I had to stay positive and just move on. I thankfully did thanks to my family who have been there for me.

After the letter I received I took it as I would save some more money and work more. I knew there wasn't much I could do, besides accept the fact. I moved forwarded and looked to the future. Back before when we planned the Vegas trip we decided that during Thanksgiving we will go to New York. It's November 11th and I am thrilled about this trip. It's one of the places that I've had in my bucket list and I'm ecstatic about it. I have enough money for the trip and I won't have to worry about money when I come back either. I am not taking any classes during spring because I have all the classes I need.

Although something happened yesterday. I was taking my sister to school and at her school I hit another car. I was in between two cars and I thought I was going to be able to make it out. As I was leaving I scraped another car. My heart sank. I got out and checked thinking it was going to be bad. The car had three scratches and it was visible because it was white and the truck I was driving is black. I personally didn't think it was a big deal due to their car having some bad rust looking at the back bumper where i scraped it. We shared information and everything. We decided not to file a police report. I was upset because it was my brothers truck and not my car. I was embarrassed and I didn't want to tell him. I sobbed like a child while I explained everything to him. I personally didn't want to get the insurance involved because it wasn't mine and I felt bad that they would increase the payments because of me. I talked to her and I told her I would rather pay out of my pocket if she wanted to find an estimate of how much the repair would be. She told me it would be $585. I was shocked, I mean that could cover a class I could take. I was so upset that this happened in the first place. I asked her if we could go see someone else I knew and she denied. I just wanted things to be over with and I payed her what she said the estimate, since she brought a receipt describing how much. I hope she uses it for that, if not it's up to them. I feel like I did my part.

Now I sit here with less money and stressed about this trip that we booked already and can't back out of it. I am even more stressed, because what if I do get called for the nursing program. I mean I can't say no. It's what I have been waiting for ever since I passed my NLN. Now i have to worry about financial problems and what I'm going to do. I have been trying to put hours in at work, but it's like they know I need money now and they don't have hours for me. Now I don't have anything planned and financially stable like I did a month ago. I know I have great supporters, that include my parents, brother and boyfriend that will help me get through this. I realized money comes and goes and it's not the end of the world.

Attachments

Outcomes