Save, Save, Save!

Document created by bryannar1 on Nov 11, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I was not thrilled to be stuck at home going to community college when all of my friends were moving to their schools the year after high school, but I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I started waitressing as a senior in high school and worked at a little diner throughout community college. I went to community college for free and I received enough in scholarships to pay for my books. I saved everything I could. I bought lunches and gas to get to school and work (and, of course, some clothes here and there). I had nothing in particular to save for, but I knew it would benefit me in the end. I went on to get a Bachelor's Degree with no financial aid. My loan payments are very high right now, but because I saved up over $15,000 working as a waitress, I'm able to make my loan payments and pay all of my other bills. I just got married last month, but there is no way that my husband and I would have been able to afford our bills and our other expenses if I had not saved up. Now we are both working in our fields and will hopefully move up so we can continue to build on our savings account!!!

Attachments

Outcomes