Fund my dream

Document created by msharperrt on Nov 11, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

It was summer of 2012, and I received a life-changing phone call. It was the health sciences division of my local state college. I was accepted into the program that I was striving for since I can remember, the respiratory care program. I have always wanted to make a difference in those with respiratory ailments, growing up with asthma, and then my grandfather developing lung cancer, I knew I had found my passion. The only problem, I didn't have the cash! 

I was not going to let this get in my way, I took out a student loan to fund my future dreams. Two years later I graduate with my class, and a few months later I receive my credentials to practice in florida as a respiratory therapist. Shortly after, I accept a job at a home medical equipment company, steadily paying off my loan, moved out of my parents, who supported me through school, and here I am on my own!

Attachments

Outcomes