Achieving What Others Believe To Be Impossible

Document created by msmith on Nov 11, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

From a young age, my family has always dealt with financial problems. Being raised by a single mother suffering from an autoimmune disease only aided in increasing the issue. Though times were tough, I never gave up on my dream to attend a prestigious university and make something of myself. In my sophomore year of high school an organization known as The Simon Family Foundation gave a presentation at my school. The scholarship that offered leadership training, college funding, and a brand new laptop seemed far too good to be true. Well I applied for it, became a finalist, and was chosen as a recipient of the scholarship. With the help of the Simon Family Foundation I was able to attend the University of Southern California and graduate with a Bachelors degree and two minor degrees. Even though money was still an issue and I had loans on top of that, I decided to not let it bring me down. I applied for graduate school and was accepted, once more, to USC where I am now pursuing my Masters degree. I like to tell people that I was born with the type of optimism that you cannot teach. When people tried to tell me I couldn't do something, that just made me reach even higher. I work two jobs to make ends meet and have a lot of loans, but I am proud to say I have achieved what others once told me would be impossible.

Attachments

Outcomes