Divide and Conquer

Document created by darcym_91 on Nov 11, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I was beyond blessed to earn a scholarship that helped me pay my tuition at Texas A&M University. Without it, I would not have been able to attend for the entirety of my undergraduate degree. I was even able to stretch the scholarship into obtaining my master's degree! I had a fairly small student loan after all of the college years, but I was determined that this would be the first priority to be paid off. In the beginning, I tried to pay a large sum once a month on the loan; but this would leave me very short on money toward the end of the month. After struggling to make the payment month after month, and even downsizing my payment, I wondered if there was an easier way to pay on this loan without sacrificing my goal of paying it off within a year. The solution came when I realized after making a smaller payment, that I had money left over at the end of the month. So I began making bimonthly payments, so that my accounts remained steadier throughout the month. Implementing this practice allowed me to pay more money each month than I had originally planned. Now as I approach the holidays, I am realizing that I will be able to give myself the best gift this year: paying off the total amount of my student loans.

Attachments

Outcomes