Thanks Mom

Document created by theresa on Nov 11, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I started working at a young age. My first job was baby-sitting. I think I saved all of my baby-siting money. My mom put it all away because she knew I would need it more later. My next job was at the local movie theater. It was difficult but I managed. How I managed to work 20 to 30 hours a week, maintain straight A's in school, participate in 3 sports teams, the band, the play, and a multitude of clubs is beyond me. However, it all got done. The point is my mom gave me a golden rule to live by. When I got my movie theater job she shared this advice. She taught me to save my money. She told me that half my paycheck should always go to the bank. Save half spend half. To this day it is my rule of thumb. Half my paycheck has to go into the bank. So my success story comes from my mother. I saved half of every one of my paychecks for 3 years. Because of all that saving I could afford to go to the school I dreamed of. My mom taught me this golden rule and I am sharing it with you today. In the end all I have to say is, thanks mom!

Attachments

Outcomes