Internship of My Dreams

Document created by kathleenb_1 on Nov 11, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I started college not knowing what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. My freshman year I took classes at a community college and eventually transferred to the Fashion Institute of Technology. I was so excited to be living in the city and starting at a new school! But, as the semester went on, I learned that FIT was not a perfect match for me. Once I transferred, again, to Rutgers University, I knew I had found my new home. I loved everything about the school and its environment.

After a few transfers and a lot of credits, I finally graduated! I was nervous as graduation approached because I did not have any interviews lined up. By the end of the summer, I had an internship at a company I never thought I could work for- LVMH. LVMH, Louis Vuitton Moet Hennesy, is a powerhouse company in fashion. I am currently interning full-time for Dior in the Watch and Jewelry Department where I assist the Marketing Communications Manager with all projects.

I love my job and was nervous I would not be able to work in the fashion world after leaving FIT. But, here is my success story!

Attachments

Outcomes