A trip of a lifetime

Document created by anyssav on Nov 11, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

It had always been a dream of mine to get the chance to see the other side of the world. One day I walked passed a sign at my University that was advertising the study abroad program for the summer in Spain, I knew it would be a long shot to pull off financially due to my father being out of work at the time because of a work accident but I went to the informational meeting anyways. While there they explained the program fees and tuition rates. I knew I really wanted to go and was going to begin brainstorming ideas on how I could pull it off without putting the burden on my parents. Fortunately, I had applied for a $1000 scholarship to this program and recived it but still needed about 4500. I started out babysitting whenever I could and putting that money aside in a separate bank account. The money I earned there started adding up but not as fast as I had hoped. I began finding other small jobs such as dog sitting and occasional lawn work. The best move I made was putting all this money in a separate account and leaving the debt card at home so I would never be tempted to use it. It was rough at times, but by setting that money aside I was able to earn a little over 4500 for my trip. This saving have me the chance to experience something I have always wanted to do and be introduced to different cultures. I even had enough to catch a flight to Paris for the weekend with two of my friends from the program!  My 6 weeks in Spain were some I will never forget. I hop to go again one day and I know I can do it with smart saving like this time.

image.jpeg

Attachments

Outcomes