Overcoming financial obstacles

Document created by jalessar on Nov 10, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I have always had a passion for learning. It wasn't until after I graduated from high school, that I realized that finances are important. I decided to attend a community college, where I was studying Criminal Justice and Arts. During this time, I learned about the importance of a FAFSA. This is financial aid that is available for students. I come from a middle class family and I thought that I wouldn't be able to afford college. Thanks to financial aid, I graduated with an associates degree in Arts and Criminal Justice Honors in May 2013!! After graduation, I was able to transfer to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a junior. Once again, financial aid played a huge part in my transition. Thanks to financial aid and a few student loans, I am now 2 semesters away from graduating with a bachelor's degree in Sociology, Criminology, Human Development and Family Studies. I hope to graduate in December 2016!! School is definitely an investment but it will be worth it in the end. I am grateful to have the support of family, friends, advisers and financial resources available when I need them!! I am proof that anything is possible, you just have to want it bad enough!!

Attachments

Outcomes