Drop out to college graduate

Document created by tiaa on Nov 9, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

yut.pngI am a 44 year old single mother of one child. At the age of 15 I dropped out of school to run the streets. Later on in life at the age of 32 I had a child, it was hard to raise my child on my own. When I was about 40 I was telling my daughter she needed to do her homework, because school was very important, after I said that a light bulb turned on “how could I tell my child about school, and I dropped out”? I decided to go and get my GED but had no clue on how I would be able to go to college after I obtained my GED. I was only working a part time job and I needed to continue to work to take care of my child and in no way could a afford school. I learned about financial aid, so I looked into it and I will say it has been a blessing. I was able to go to school and have extra money to help me out in my life. In 2 months I will be walking across the stage as a college graduate and I tell you what without the help of finical aid I would have never been able to make it back to school!!!

Feeling blessed

Tia

Attachments

Outcomes