New York to Michigan to Nashville to England:Financial Freedom to See the World

Document created by ericac on Nov 7, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I love to travel and enjoy being able to see the world. Travelling offers an awesome experience and is an eye opening experience. I graduated college in 2014 with a degree in Elementary Education. I knew that being a teacher would not be a high paying job and that money would be tight, but I also knew that money could not buy the happiness that I experience when I wake up every morning and am greeted at work by 23 smiling faces.

Along with my love for teaching, I have a long for traveling. I moved to Michigan after attending college in New York. While I was living in Michigan, I was able to travel to Nicaragua and serve on a construction team at a local school. That country stole a piece of my heart, not only is the country beautiful, but the people are beautiful. I have never met more generous people in my life.

After living in Michigan, I moved to the city I now call home, Nashville, Tennessee. I accepted a teaching position over the phone and moved to this amazing city four days later. I have made amazing friends and have had many great experiences here in Music City. I work for a metro school district and have the opportunity to experience culture every day that I walk into the classroom. I have students from Egypt, Somalia, Mexico, and many other places. My classroom is a beautiful picture of all of these cultures coming together. While working and paying off school loans, I am also saving for a month long trip across Europe that I will be taking next summer. I have always had the desire to trace back my family roots in England and soon will be able to make my dream come true.

Even though I do not make a ton of money and have a lot of school loans to pay off, I have learned that I am able to do the things that I love if I budget my money correctly. I have not let debt stop me from experiencing life to the fullest and enjoying every moment and opportunity.

Attachments

Outcomes