My name is Michaella Bruce and I wanted to share my story.

Document created by michaellabruce on Nov 6, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Three years ago I was involved in a major six care pile up car accident when I was on my way home from shopping at black Friday on November 25 2011. I was rushed to the hospital with a ten percent chance of living. I was in a coma for eight days and had to have my skull removed due to the swelling of my brain. I suffered numerous injuries such as a collapsed lung, damaged spleen, fractures in my neck and back, I was paralyzed on the whole right side of my body and I had to learn how to walk, talk, read, and even eat by myself again. I was at the level of a third grader and doctors said if I was to survive, I would be in a vegetable state for the rest of my life being fed through a tube. I had to wear a neck brace and a helmet because of my injuries and the removal of my skull. Three years later, I am continuing my third semester at Santa Barbara City College and determined to succeed! I am majoring in Kinesiology because I want to be a physical therapist so that I can help people who have gone through similar experiences that I have. I have such an appreciation for live and I am so grateful for every second of it. I have made a 100% full recovery. However, this traumatic event has caused so much financial difficulty on my family and has effected all of our lives' significantly.

Attachments

Outcomes