Hard Work

Document created by hillaryb_1 on Nov 5, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I haven't achieved total success yet, but I'm still working at it.  I am now a junior in college currently taking 6 classes.  I do dog walking, I have a work study job, and I have a part time sales job on the weekends during school and more regularly when I got home.  I put a little bit down towards loan payments each month and I have also been working towards saving up for a few educational trip opportunities to enhance my college experience and to treat myself in between blocks of stressful times.  I have this one research class with three other students in which we are doing historical analysis of satirical fashion illustrations for a museum exhibit.  Recently, the benefactor of the project came to visit and we had to present what we had done so far.  Fortunately, he was in a good mood and impressed with what we had done so far and he decided to gift the four of us with money.

That was one of the most delightful and surprising gifts I have received to date and it was extremely helpful.  It made me happy to feel like the hard work that I had done to that point for this amazing opportunity was being validated by someone unexpected.  In a world where it sometimes seems like you have to yell the loudest to be heard it was nice to have the work that we had silently been doing rewarded.  So never lose heart or be discouraged because you never know who is watching and might be willing to help you out.

Attachments

Outcomes