Returning 23 years later

Document created by ddcastro on Nov 5, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I am a 46 year old mother, grandmother, and student. I have been inspired by my son who will be graduating in December from a 4 year college. I have 3 more semesters and I will graduate also. I thought it was going to be a struggle working full-time and going to school full-time, but as a few months past I was doing it. Until, I got terminated from my job of 8 years, I didn't know what to do, No money, what do I do? I had no explanation on why I was being let go, just that they were eliminating my position ,but was impossible because I was a dental assistant and she was the dentist. So, I took it as a blessing and I filed for unemployment and I am able to study 110% instead of struggling to do so. My GPA as of today is a 2.62 which is amazing for me. I love school and wished I would have returned sooner. I have a 12 year old daughter at home, and we are making it work. I know in the long run this will be great for both of us. Financially I have struggled my whole life and I don't want to do that anymore. I had always worked 2 jobs and I was at my breaking point in life, it was exhausting. I wasn't living life. My life was taken over and I was just working and not enjoying my family or life.

Attachments

Outcomes