grandma in college

Document created by nikitah on Nov 5, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

my name is Nikita Harris. I am 51 years old. I have struggled many things. I have 6 kids and 3 grandkids. I decided to go back to college after many years. At first I had hesitation because I felt like I gotten older I didnt think I could put on my thinking cap. I had gotten student loans from my previous attempts in college back in the 90's. I did'nt know if I would be eligible for financial aid.I owed money to the City colleges of chicago and my program Thresholds payed the bill. I'm with  thresholds because I suffer from depression and bipolar disorder and I take medication for it . I'm doing much better from back in the day when I was really depressed. Anyway. I prayed and I ask God for direction and for help. Well I was eligible for the deferrment plan concerning my student loans and I was giving the go ahead to go back to school.I have been a student at City colleges of Chicago for the last 2 and a half years. My grade point average is 2.5. and every year my financial aid is a go. I thank The Lord for giving me this second chance on education. I have 4 more classes to go before I graduate in May of 2016 with an associates in Arts.

Nikita Harris

Attachments

Outcomes