No debt for me

Document created by sarah96 on Nov 5, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

My story is currently still being written, but it looks like it will have a pretty good ending.

My name is Sarah, I'm 19 years old and I am a freshman in college. My success story is about graduating debt free, with no student loans and nothing to pay back. You might be thinking how can you be sure that is going to happen? I can't be 100% sure, I don't know what is going to happen in the future, BUT, unless something major happens, I should be able to pay for my college tuition and never have to take out a single loan. How you might ask? When I graduated from high school, I made the decision to take a year off from school and just work full time and save up money so that I might not have to take out a lot of loans to pay for school. I had started a new job a couple of months before graduation at a local coffee shop/restaurant, and I made a good amount of money in tips. A couple of months after I started the job (I began working there in September of 2013) in maybe December? I received my first raise and promotion. Since I was still living at home and had only a few things to pay for myself (gas, phone bill, some groceries) I was able to put probably 3/4 of my paycheck into savings. About a year after I started working at the coffee shop I was promoted again, this time to manager. I received a significant raise and was able to start saving even more money, which brings us to now. During my one year of work I was able to save up enough to cover my college tuition, and I also still working part time to continue building my savings. So while I may not have graduated debt free yet, I am fairly certain that I will be able to obtain this goal, and hopefully even have some money left over.

Attachments

Outcomes