From Stress To Success: My Financial Success Story

Document created by courtneyb on Nov 4, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

When I heard about this new space, I wasn’t sure what to write. I’m moving in January and I need to buy a car, so I’m pretty stressed about money right now—it’s been hard to feel financially successful when I’m constantly second-guessing what I spend money on lately. (Tonight I paid for a small order of French fries entirely in coins because that was the only way I could justify spending the money.)

But then I realized that my financial success story comes from the fact that I’m 22 years old and this is the first time I’ve really stressed about money. Through a lot of hard work, I was awarded a full-tuition scholarship to college, and though I did take out loans to pay for room and board, my debt isn’t nearly as prohibitive as it could have been. It was pretty magical telling my parents that none of us would have to borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars for me to attend college.

I was nervous about paying through college, but by earning good grades (and applying to a school that gives out full-tuition scholarships … ), I didn’t have to stress about a lifetime of debt. So, I’m dealing with my money stresses by reminding myself that with hard work and smart choices, I’ll be able to afford a new apartment and car. It’ll take a lot of budgeting and probably some overtime pay, but it’s doable! And my hope is that this time next year, I’ll be able to tell you all about my newest financial success story, one where I have a great apartment and car and don’t stress too much about spending money on McDonald’s after work.

I’m really excited to hear about everyone’s financial success stories and gain some inspiration from them as well!

Attachments

Outcomes