Going Back To School After a Very, Very Long Break

Document created by channold89 on Nov 4, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

When I graduated from high school in 2007 I had a four year plan. I was sure I would graduate with my Bachelor's by 2011. Willamette University had accepted my application and had given me a significant scholarship to attend. Still, I had to take out student loans to attend. Six thousand dollars worth. After my first year, despite wanting to continue, I couldn't afford the tuition to keep going. So I dropped out of college and didn't return for another six years. Because I still owed on my student loans I couldn't get certain financial help through my college and Willamette wouldn't release my transcript until they were paid off. I decided since I still needed to go back to school and get my degree, I would just have to pay for my schooling out of pocket. By proving that I would stay in school and that I could get all A's I was able to get a few scholarships in the semesters following my first. I am in my third year at the College of Southern Idaho and by the end of next semester I will have two associate degrees and a 4.0GPA. Despite any discouraging thoughts I might have had in the beginning I found that if you want a goal enough you can achieve it.

Attachments

Outcomes