Massaged My Way to Success

Document created by heatherm_99 on Nov 3, 2015Last modified by amara.mastronardi@socialedgeconsulting.com on Dec 5, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Seven years ago I decided to go back to college to finish my degree. At the time I had just finished school to become a Licensed Massage Therapist and had been working for several months at a spa. While I loved what I did it was hard work on my body and my hands and I felt I needed something more rewarding than what I had. So I took a deep breath and started school all over again at a nearby college. I didn't take any financial aid because I didn't want to pay back a student loan so along with my current job I also took massage therapy jobs at a poker room, a chiropractors office and a bed and breakfast while taking a couple of classes at a time at the community college. I took classes and worked like a fiend for a hand full of years to pay for my classes and save up money. My goal was to not only graduate from community college with no debt but to also buy a house by the time I graduated.

Four years ago I achieved my goal. I graduated with my AA degree, began a didactic program through K-State University and bought my first home. During this same year I also had the opportunity to start my own Massage Therapy Company which is still prospering today. Currently, I am still enrolled in school and will be graduating this upcoming Spring semester with my Bachelor of Science in Dietetics. I had to take a small loan to finish my program but I'm glad that I paid the majority by myself and without attaining any credit card debt. All my hard work finally paid off after seven years!

WP_20151103_004 (2).jpg

Attachments

Outcomes