Work hard, Learn Hard

Document created by sierramcintyre on Nov 3, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

I currently attend a community college. I work full time and go to school part time. Over the past 3 semester I've learned that even a community college can be pricey. I take all honors classes, which granted I could have taken the easier ones but where's the fun in that? I ended up taking off a semester to do an internship with the Walt Disney World Company in Florida. I was so determined that I was going to transfer to a Major University when I was done with that internship. So with all the hard work of Honors classes and all of the stress and horrible deadlines, I got into the University of my choice, University of Hawaii West Oahu. I then got hired on for 2 more jobs on the side during my internship to help be able to afford my move out to Honolulu in the spring. I was able to save up enough for a plane ticket, and the down payment for enrollment and all of the fees. What I didn't take into consideration was the drastic cost for student housing. I ended up having to turn down the offer because the cost of housing was 3 times as much as tuition. However I was able to use that money for not just one, but two different week long trips to Hawaii to visit family and relax after working so hard.

I'm currently still working to save up to be able to transfer. Like my grandma always says, good things come to those who have the motivation to work hard no matter how hard it gets.

Attachments

Outcomes