Being a Student & a Soldier

Document created by jaynem on Nov 3, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

My college story really started in high school. With most of my graduation requirements completed I decided to finish school at a community college. While at the community college I came to a terrifying conclusion: I had no idea what I wanted to study or how I was about to pay for it. So I decided why not join the Army. I left for Basic Training the August after I graduated and finished that portion of my training in November 2013. After Basic I moved on to my Advanced Individual Training in Laboratory Science in San Antonio Texas for 6 months, followed by a second phase of Lab school in West Point New York. When I finally finished my initial entry training this past January I came home to Massachusetts to join my reserve unit. I applied to a few institutions when I returned and decided on Mount Holyoke College where I am currently studying Biology. I work as a Medical Laboratory Technician evenings and nights to afford my apartment and car, and was awarded a full Scholarship at Mount Holyoke. I work very hard to keep my finances in order and appreciate the help doing so!

Attachments

Outcomes