As a space admin, you are the rightful owner, supervisor, and manager of your space. It is vital to keep a close watch on the activity in your space, and ensure all discussions are appropriately addressed. Here are a few best practices to get you started. As always, feel free to comment on this document with any additional questions or concerns.
1) Follow your space(s) in your Inbox. Click on the Follow button in your space, and scroll down to "Inbox". Selecting this option will give you updates each and every time new activity occurs in your space. This option is especially helpful when you are new to the community and need to keep an extra close watch on what's going on in your space.
2) Check in on community/ space activity at least twice a day. You don't need to monitor the community 24/7, but you should have a good, general sense of what's going on. It's easier than you think to get lost underneath the wealth of posts and information.
3) Be authentic and keep a casual tone when answering questions and commenting on discussions. Answer posts in a way that you would want them to be answered. Reward and empower your users, making everyone feel special.
4) Address each and every post in your space. Whether it's a question, status update, or general post, comment or "like" the content shortly after you see it. As mentioned above, it's essential to make our pilot participants feel included and empowered in the community. Keep the conversation going! Stale content is not ideal. mh_admin will be assisting all space owners with monitoring content as well.
5. Make yourself comfortable in SALT Central. Move around and explore all of the spaces and content areas. Be sure to check out the Salt Contributors space to view helpful How-To documents and ask usability questions.