Managing Email Notifications

Document created by mh_admin on Sep 22, 2013Last modified by ryanhlane on Dec 7, 2016
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You can control the number of email notifications you receive by clicking on your Preferences by clicking your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen:

Email Preferences 1.jpg

We recommend checking everything in Inbox, so you can easily track the important things going on in the Salt Community.

Email Preferences 2.jpg

Use the following settings to understand how to set up your email preferences:

SettingWhen Email Notifications are ON you will:
Inbox (Everything in my inbox page)Receive a separate email each time someone posts an update to an item to which you were previously @mentioned or that you've participated in. If you find this gets too overwhelming, simply switch the setting to "Off".
Inbox (@mentions, shares)Receive an email each time someone @mentions you in a post, or shares an item with you.
Actions Alerts in my Actions PageReceive an email each time you receive a new Actions task or assignment
Actions Notifications in my Actions PageReceive an email when you have a notification in your Actions Stream (for example, when a new person starts following you, or you have new content to moderate if you're a space moderator).
Connections StreamReceive an email every time a followed person, place, or content item has an update in this stream.
Email WatchesReceive an email each time something is updated in your Email Watches stream. This stream contains all of the email notification items that you have selected in your preferences.
Your Custom StreamsReceive an email each time new activity is posted in your custom stream(s).
Community DigestReceive an email summary of new or popular activity that occurs in the community.
Include body of content in emailSelect whether or not you'd like your email notifications to include the full text of the community item you're being notified about.

Have questions about email preferences? Post them below!

2 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes